If you are looking for the best heat gun for electronics repair, you have come to the right place. In this blog article, we will be discussing the 9 best heat guns that you can use for repairing your electronic devices.
We all know how frustrating it is when our electronic devices break down. Whether it is our phone, tablet, or even our laptop, it always seems to happen at the most inopportune times. And, when it does happen, we are often left scrambling to find a way to fix it.
While there are many ways to repair electronic devices, one of the best and most effective methods is to use a heat gun. Heat guns are designed to emit high levels of heat, which can help to loosen and remove parts that are stuck together.
Not only that but heat guns can also be used for soldering and de-soldering components, as well as shrink-wrap tubing. In other words, they are an incredibly versatile tool that every electronics repair person should have in their toolkit.
Here are the to best heat guns for you! No matter what kind of work you do there will be the best gun that will be perfect for your work.
Also Read: 13 Best Digital Microscope With Screen
Top 10 Picks for the Best Heat Guns
When it comes to heat guns, there are a lot of different options on the market. However, not all heat guns are created equal. Some are better than others when it comes to repairing electronics. Now, let’s look at the 9 best heat guns for electronics repair.
1. SEEKONE Heat Gun 1800W
SEEKONE Heat Gun 1800W heats up fast, heats evenly, and heats strong. It has variable temperature control and overload protection with 4 nozzles for easy DIY projects. It’s designed for crafts, Shrinking PVC, stripping paint, and more.
This heat gun is an indispensable tool for solder electronics, and this heat gun includes all the features you’ll need for efficient and safe operation. From four different nozzles to temperature control up to 650 degrees Fahrenheit, you will get everything covered in one well-designed package!
- Two Flow Modes: Heat up fast in just 1.5 seconds. It has two modes one is 50-450℃ (190-210L/min) and another one is 50-650℃ (250-500L/min).
- Four Nozzles for Crafts: Two Deflector nozzles and two concentrator nozzles make it super adhesive.
- Overload Protection: Contain an overload protector to avoid harming of your heat gun.
- Multi-Grip Handle: Minimising user tiredness over long periods of use and makes it easy to use.
- Strong power: 1800W
- Input: 110V, 60Hz
- Size: 248mm*192mm (9.76″*7.56″)
- Dual temperature setting :
- Mini: 50℃(122℉)
- Max: 600℃ (1202℉)
- Dual airflow setting:
- Low: 190L-210L/min; High: 250L-500L/mini
- Cable Length: 1.6m (5.25ft)
- Weight: 0.9kg (1.984lb)
2. PRULDE Heat Gun
PRULDE Heat Gun is an excellent product for removing paint from metal and plastic, shrink wrapping, tents, and tubing. We are confident that this heat gun will be very useful to any craftsman or an experienced person who is looking for a more professional way of getting the job done.
The heat gun comes with 6.5ft power cord and 4 nozzle attachments that enable the user to shrink wrap, remove paint or use as a blow dryer. In addition, the product has overload protection for safety.
- Dual Temputrure Settings: Two Temperature settings (572℉ & 1112℉) and two Air flow speed control (I: 500 L/min, II: 300 L/min)
- Hands-Free Operation: This design with back support gives strength that you can put it down on any surface for hands-free operation.
- High Performance: Approximate working time is over 600 hours in max temperature.
- Manufacturer: NEU MASTER
- Item Weight: 2.44 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 9.69 x 9.41 x 3.43 inches
- Item model number: N2190-US
- Power Source: 120 Voltage
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Wattage: 1500 watt_hours
- Maximum Power: 1500 Watts
- Temperature Range: 800 – 1112 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Cord Length: 6.56 Feet
- Compatible Fastener Range: 1.36”
3. YIHUA 862BD Rework Station
YIHUA 862BD Rework Station comes up with an integrated soldering iron and hot air gun, for various purposes such as: shrinking, drying paint or soldering circuit boards. PRIDE has a large LCD display that shows the functional status and temperatures.
Suitable for various kinds of soldering or de-soldering(removals) for the purpose of electronic components such as: SOIC, CHIP, QFP, PLCC, BGA, and SMD. This Rework Station has been designed with features to help you get your work done more efficiently and effectively.
- High-Powered Soldering Station: It has an integrated 75W soldering iron and a 650W hot air gun.
- Auto Sleep Function: The soldering iron can detect its working state automatically. When it reaches sleep time, the temperature will automatically drop to 200 °C.
- Microprocessor Stable Temperature: It uses the latest microcomputer processor PID technology.
- Digital Display: With LED Screen digital display, shows the temperature so you can easily control the temperature.
- Manufacturer: MMOBIEL
- Item model number: Various
- Package Dimensions: 30 x 22.3 x 20.1 cm; 3 Kilograms
- ASIN: B07WZDTH4Q
- Wattage: 720 watts
- Temperature range: 212 to 896 degrees Fahrenheit
- Airflow: 120 liters per minute
Product Replaced Due to Unavailability
4. Genesis GHG1500A
The Genesis GHG1500A Heat Gun is a 1500/750 watt heat gun with a 12.5 amp motor. It has high and low-temperature settings for versatility, plus deflector nozzles for protection against the glass and other surfaces, and a reflector nozzle for quick heating on pipes.
With a deflector nozzle and reflector nozzle, the Genesis Heat Gun is a versatile product that can handle anything you throw at it.
- Powerful Motor: This heat gun consists of a 12.5 Amp Highly Powerful Motor.
- Two Air Reduction Nozzle: One deflector nozzle for air reduction and one reflector nozzle that use for the concentration of heat.
- 3-position Rocker Switch: 3 modes are set for high temperature, low temperature, and off.
- Rated Voltage: 120V AC, 60HZ
- Rated Input Power:12.5 Amp
- Output: 750/ 1500 Watts
- Air Temperature: 572 / 1000 °F
- Air Volume: 10/17 cu. ft. / min.
- Net Weight: 2 Lbs
5. NEWACALOX 858D Hot Air Rework Station
NEWACALOX 858D Hot Air Rework Station can be used to quickly heat and soften problematic components, such as thermoplastics, plastics, and rubber. The rework station will make your job easier by providing an easy-to-use heating solution that is both safe and cost-effective.
It includes a ceramic heating core and flame-retardant housing. The handle of the heat gun also has an overheat protection that cuts off power to the handle if it gets too hot.
Much Safer Heat Gun: The heat gun handle material is made of flame-retardant material so when the temperature of the nozzle goes very high it will automatically lower the temperature of the handle.
Best Combo Package: This is a complete package that includes- 1x 858D Soldering Station Unit, 1x Hot Air Gun, 3x Air Nozzles, 1x Solder Sucker, 1x Mini Screwdriver, 2x Tweezers, 1x Knife, 1x IC Extractor, 1x Manual.
Large LCD Digital Display: Have a bright and clear LCD display that shows the accurate temperature of a heat gun. This feature makes this heat gun convenient to use.
- Model: 858D
- Voltage: 110V~127V/AC, 60Hz
- Rated Power: 700W
- Temperature Display: LED Nixie Tube
- Temperature Range: 100°C~500°C (212 to 932°F)
- Operating Temperature: 32~104℉/ 0~40℃
- Fan Speed Adjustment: 8 Levels
- Air Volume: ≤120L / min
- Functions: Hot Air Rework & desoldering
6. Wagner Spraytech Heat Gun
Wagner Spraytech Heat Gun is a heat gun that has 2 temperature settings available, 750°F and 1000°F. Widely used for tasks like softening the paint, removing caulking, adhesive, putty removal, shrink wrap, bending plastic pipes or loosening rusty nuts or bolts.
It has an overheat safety feature that prevents the unit from being used outside safe operating temperatures. It features rugged metal housing for better durability.
- Two Temperature Settings: Temperature can be set as low as 750°F and as high as 1000°F. Temperature changing switch built-in into the handle of the gun.
- Two Fan Speeds: Two fans are used to provide additional control for the heating process.
- 2-Year Warranty: If the product is broken or damaged 2 years after purchase, Wagner is responsible for repairing it.
- Manufacturer: Wagner Spraytech
- Part Number: FBA_503008
- Item Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 2.75 x 8.5 inches
- Size: HT1000
- Color: Yellow
- Style: HT1000
- Power Source: Ac
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Wattage: 1200.00
- Number of Handle: 1
- Folded Knife Size: 11.3 x 10.1 x 3.6
- Included Components: Heat Gun, Manual
7. GoGonova Heavy Heat Gun
This Heat Gun is the perfect tool for all your needs. It’s compact and powerful, making it easy to take on the go. The stepless heat adjustment and dual airflow settings make it ideal for both delicate and heavy-duty work.
With 5 different nozzles, you can easily switch between applications. This heavy-duty heat gun has a 1500 watt heating element that gets hot enough for most applications. Not to mention, it has a variable heat adjustment so you can get the perfect temperature every time
- Consolidated Model: Improvement on mechanism effectively reduces 20% of size compared to traditional heat guns.
- Variable Heat & Airflow: Featuring step-less heat adjustment from 122℉ to 1202℉. Exclusive dial design with application icon for quick identification of the right temperature you need!
- Dual Airflow Settings: Consists of 300L and 500L that easily cover both delicate work and heavy-duty work.
- Manufacturer: Gogonova
Part Number: GT27002
Item Weight: 2.37 pounds
- Temperature Range: 122℉ to 1202℉
- Operating Temperature: 32~104℉/ 0~40℃
- Package Dimensions: 11.77 x 9.84 x 3.11 inches
8. SEEKONE Mini Heat Gun
The Seekone Mini Heat Gun provides plenty of power to handle repetitive heating and cooling cycles. With an ergonomic design and lightweight construction, the SEEKONE Mini Heat Gun is very easy to operate.
It is a very fast-to-heat, handheld device that heats up in seconds and has a temperature range of 350 to 662 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s small and lightweight but still packs a powerful punch – producing 350W of power that heats up to 662°F (350°C).
- Ergonomic Design: Pencil-like design specially designed for efficiency and comfort in the working environment.
- Ultra Long Cable: 4.9ft ultra-long cable helps you do crafting in large areas more conveniently.
- Compact Handle: Pencil-like handle and anti-slip design makes the hot air gun fit comfortably in your hand.
- Brand: SEEKONE
- Style: Barrel
- Item Weight: 13.7 Ounces
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 10.43 x 3.35 x 2.76 inches
- Material: PA6+30GF & Stainless Steel Nozzle
- Rated Power: 350W
- Weight: 0.38kg
- Rated Voltage: 110V-60Hz
- Temperature: 662℉/350℃ (one temperature setting)
- Air Flow: 300L/min
- Cable Length: 1.5m
9. Homidic Mini Handheld Heat Gun
Homeric Mini Handheld Heat Gun is considered the most versatile heat tool for DIY crafts such as shrink-wrapping PVC, drying paint and clay, or embossing paper. The length of the pistol grip is for easy handling, and the trigger with an on/off switch.
Don’t need to worry about storage space because it is small enough to fit in a drawer. It is equipped with advanced heating technology which is 300W and operates at 0 – 390 degrees Celsius.
Voltage and Cooling Holes: Gun Voltage 110V, the temp of the nozzle could reach to 200° in seconds.
High-Quality Nozzle: Hot air shrink gun is made of high-quality stainless steel.
Heat Resistant Tail: The heat vents of the heat gun tail can decrease the internal high temp and extend the life
- Manufacturer: Homidic US
- Part Number: 1
- Item Weight: 11.1 ounces
- Package Dimensions: 11.02 x 3.27 x 2.13 inches
- Item model number: HJ7
- Material: Plastic
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Included Components: No Included
How To Select the Best Heat For Electronics?
When it comes to heat guns, there are a few things you need to take into consideration before making your purchase. Here is a helpful buyer’s guide to ensure you get the best heat gun for your needs:
The first thing you need to consider is the heat output of the gun. This is measured in watts and the higher the wattage, the more powerful the gun. If you plan on using the heat gun for electronic repair, you will need a gun with a high wattage so that it can reach the high temperatures required to melt solder.
Another important factor to consider is temperature control. Many heat guns have adjustable temperature settings so that you can find the perfect setting for your project. This is especially important for delicate electronic repairs where too much heat can damage the components.
Most heat guns come with different nozzle attachments that can be used for different purposes. These attachments can help direct the airflow and focus the heat on a specific area. When choosing a heat gun, make sure it comes with the nozzle attachments you need for your project.
Heat guns can get very hot and if not used properly, they can be dangerous. When choosing a heat gun, look for one with safety features like an automatic shut-off or a cooling mode. These features will help prevent accidents and keep you safe while using the heat gun.
Size And Price
You will want to choose a size that is comfortable for you to hold and that will fit in the space you have available. Heat guns can range in price from around $30 to $200. Choose one that fits your budget.
As we come to the end of our list of the 10 best heat guns for electronics repair, we hope you have found the perfect tool for your needs. Whether you are looking for a heat gun to remove old paint or to solder delicate components, we are confident that one of these products will fit the bill. If you are still undecided, we recommend taking a closer look at the SEEKONE Heat Gun 1800W and the YIHUA 862BD Rework Station. These are both excellent all-around heat guns that should be able to handle any repair job you throw their way. Thank you for reading and good luck with your repairs!