Have you ever been frustrated when the remote for your audio system, TV, or satellite receiver stopped working? Have you worried that it was because of a code that you couldn’t find on Google?
Programming an RCA remote may seem complicated to some, but it’s not as difficult as you might think. There are many tips and tricks that you can use to program this remote. This article will tell you about programming the RCA remote without the code – and how you can program it easily so that it becomes compatible with your home devices.
Here are two methods that you can use to program your RCA Remote: Programming RCA Universal Remotes With Code Search Button and programming RCA Universal Remotes With Auto-Search. So, let’s get started.
Programming RCA Universal Remotes With Code Search Button
- Turn on the equipment you want to pair.
- Press and Hold the Code Search Button.
- Hold it and press the key on the remote that matches what you’re pairing.
- When you released the Code Search button, the light will blink once and stay steady.
- The light on the remote should turn off after getting the right code.
Go ahead and try to use your remote. Test every feature to make sure it’s working properly. If it is, well done! If not, proceed with the next set of instructions.
Programming RCA Universal Remotes With Auto-Search
- First, make sure that your TV is turned on.
- Then, press and hold the “Setup” button on your remote until the button blinks twice.
- After that, enter the code 9-9-1.
- Once you have done that, press and release the “Power” button on your remote.
- The light on your remote should then blink once and stay lit. You will then need to point your remote at your TV and press and hold the “Ch-” button until your TV turns off.
- Once it does, release the button and press the “Ch+” button repeatedly until your TV turns back on. At that point, you should be able to use your remote as normal.
Where You Can Get the Code For Your RCA Universal Remote?
If you want to program your RCA universal remote with the code, there are a few things you can try. First, check the RCA website for a list of codes that may work with your particular model of remote. If you don’t see your model listed, or if the codes provided don’t work, you can also try doing a search for “RCA universal remote codes” here. This should provide you with a number of different posts containing codes for various RCA models.
Once you have a list of potential codes, the next step is to test them out. To do this, simply enter the code into your remote and see if it turns on the desired device.
How To Program RCA Remote With Code
Once you have the code, follow these steps:
- Press and hold down the “Setup” button on your remote until the red light on the bottom of the remote blinks twice.
- Enter the code for your device using the numeric keypad on the remote.
- Press and release the “Power” button on your remote. Your device should turn off.
- Press and release the “Setup” button to save your code and exit programming mode.
How to Use an RCA Universal Remote with a DVD Player
If you have an RCA universal remote, you can use it to control your DVD player. To program the remote, you will need to know the code for your DVD player. Once you have the code, follow these steps:
- Turn on your TV and DVD player.
- Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the red light blinks twice.
- Enter the code for your DVD player using the numeric keypad on the remote.
- Press and release the Power button. Your DVD player should turn off.
- Press and release the Play button. Your DVD player should turn on and begin playing a disc.
If your RCA remote is not working, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue. First, check that the batteries are properly installed and that they are not dead. If the batteries are fine, then try resetting the remote by holding down the power button for 30 seconds. If that does not work, try reprogramming the remote using the code search method.
If you are still having trouble programming your RCA remote, you may want to consider contacting RCA customer support. They should be able to help you figure out what you need to do or they may be able to provide you with a different method of programming your remote easily.
In this article, we have gone over how you can program your RCA remote without knowing the code. We have also looked at some of the features that you can take advantage of with your RCA remote. We hope that this article has been helpful and that you are now able to take full control of your TV viewing experience. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.